deufert&plischke: Just in Time // Letters to Dance
Finally, some spare time to write letters! Is there anything you always wanted to tell dance?
This year, the festival tanz nrw is bringing the widely toured project "Just in Time" by deufert&plischke to NRW! In addition to workshops in the festival cities of Bonn, Essen, Cologne, Krefeld, Mülheim and Viersen and our closing ball on 9 May 2021 at PACT Zollverein in Essen, all artists and visitors of the festival are invited to write a letter to dance when they attend performances. Or write yours now!
All letters - anonymous or signed - will be added to the archive of more than 1000 letters started by deufert&plischke in 2016. In this way, a "time capsule about dance" is being created with this dance heritage project.
The "artist twin" deufert&plischke are Kattrin Deufert and Thomas Plischke, who have been working in Tanzland NRW since 2020. They have settled in Schwelm and will open the Spinnerei Schwelm this year. deufert&plischke place integrative and social forms of choreography as well as participatory performance formats at the centre of their work.
Would you like to participate? We look forward to your participation!
What do you need to keep in mind?
- Please write your letter by hand and send it by post or as a scanned document on white A4 paper.
- Please start with: Place, date and "Dear dance,...".
- Please write in your mother tongue
- You may say anything about the dance - positive or negative.
- Please write personally - this can be your first memories of the dance or important experiences that you want to tell the dance about.
- You can sign your full name, your first name or an abbreviation or remain anonymous.
We look forward to receiving your letters! If you send us a letter, please tell us whether the nrw landesbuero tanz, as the coordinator for the Festival tanz nrw 21, is allowed to use extracts of it on its website, social media (Facebook) and in the festival's printed programme book. Please send this consent form with your letter.
Please send your letter and consent form to:
nrw landesbuero tanz
Im MediaPark 7
or as a scan to: